Monday, September 22, 2008

Something Interesting

Ok, so I went to this place called Tops Market, on Sunday around 1 p.m.. I had one of the most interesting things happen while visiting this establishment, and since being here in Thailand. So I walked into Tops Market not really thinking to much about anything and I go through straight to one of the aisles where the deodorant is and as I am get to start of the aisle, I realize I am singing the song that's on the radio. The song was Sophie B. Hawkins, "As I lay Me Down."
An old song from High School, one that I really enjoyed. Then I started walking down the aisle and there was an American couple talking and shopping for things. There was no one else around, and I had this euphoric moment where I thought I was back home, shopping in some shopping center. Funny and interesting, I think. But then I looked down and saw the size of the deodorant sticks (which probably explains the BO problem we have with our students--they are one third or half the size of ones I get in the states--in Thai I would say the motto it totally opposite that of Texas, "everything is bigger in Texas") and then I looked back at the cash registers and all I saw the wonderful Thai ladies taking money and wai'ing each customer as they leave. The moment was quickly gone, yet subtle, and good.

Miss you all. God bless!

1 comment:

Joe Irwin said...

Hey Sonny-boy!

Big "American" sticks are on the way! Nice Blog!

Dad